Saturday, 15 March 2008

The Big 7-0H

It was my mom's birthday on 10 February 2008 (yes, I know that this is a very late posting but ...) and us children decided to club together and the girls would take her for a half day spa treatment.
Liesel fetched my mom on the Saturday (9 Feb) morning and came to my house where we went up to the Heritage Retreat where Bronwyn met us and told us what was going to happen. Mom's day started with a healthy breakfast, followed by a steam bath, then a full body massage, then a facial, then a pedicure and when she was ready to have her manicure, Debbie, Liesel and I came back and we also had either a manicure or a pedicure and all finished together. Mom has never done anything like this and I could see that she really had a great time. After that we went to a restaurant called Star Anise (spelling?) and had lunch. I don't think mom would be too happy if I displayed pictures of her at the spa!
On the Sunday 10 Feb, we went up to Debbie's house for a luncheon. The whole family (except Leanne who is currently in London) were there, including her brother Frank. We had all clubbed in and lunch consisted of:
Green salad
Curry and rice
Lasagne
Rolls
Ice cream pudding
Chocolate malva pudding (which was also the birthday cake)
Merangues, with berries and cream

A great time was had by all.
This is the layout I did, using the "Desirable Landscaping" kit from doing life shoppe. I had to add a mounting as I didn't read the instructions properly!


It was also Lauren's (Grant's girlfriend) 18th birthday on the 9 Feb, so it was a double celebration.

A few pictures taken on the day.


Pampered and lunched out signing off ...

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Glad the colours in the kit worked out well for your Mom's Big 7-0h pics