Sunday, 23 December 2007

"Chef Ramsay" at work


This is a recipe I got sent by Sheila Corfe (aka Springbok Mom). You just have to try it - they are yummy! and as Sheila said - "I take no responsibility if you eat them all at once".

Fruit Squares

2 cups self raising flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup coconut
2 cups mixed fruit (I used 1 box of the Sugarbird mix) (dates, cherries work too)
2 eggs
1 tsp almond essence
250g melted butter

Mix all the ingredients together and press into a greased baking dish (I used my oven pan) and bake at 180C until golden brown (+2 25 - 35 minutes).

Cut while still warm.

When serving, put on a plate and sprinkle some icing sugar over them.

Tooty Fruity signing off ....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

I must agree with Tooty Fruity - these are absolutely mouth watering yummie ...