Friday, 15 June 2007

My Special Day


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well now, the countdown has finished and I am a year older. I certainly don't feel older, but when I see how grown up Leanne and Grant are, then I realise that I am. Thank you to all my friends and family who phoned, e-mailed and sms'd me - it was great to hear from all of you.

I really got spoilt today, with Dereck giving me a polarising filter for my Canon 400D camera. I am going to have a lot of fun practicing with this!

I received a lovely travel toiletry bag (which I need as my other one got destroyed) and on opening it, there was a container full of sour jelly sweets - oooooh, my cheeks are going funny just thinking about them!

From my good friend and scrapping teacher, Desire, I received a lovely picture frame and trinket box made from wire and glass with diamante type stones in it. It is really lovely and I have made a space for it on my bedside table. I will have to find a suitable photo for the frame.

From Bronwyn who I work with, I received a goodie bag filled with chocolates, nougat and marzipan - all my favourite, which I have put in a safe place to indulge in sometime on my own. These are too nice to share!!

My camera battery has gone flat, so I can't upload any photos, but watch this space.

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Now, listen here - one don't feel older because your kiddos are all grow up - now is the time to feel young at heart and to really start living - doing all those things you always wanted to do! Glad to hear you had a fab day!

Sophia said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a great day...heres to many more.