Saturday, 11 July 2009

More Mosaicing with friends

On 27 June Kathy, Rayna, Shelley and I went for another mosaicing class. I did a gheko, Shelley painted a cutlery holder, Rayna painted a wooden cutlery holder and Kathy mosaiced a number for her house. All came out really nicely, but unfortunately I forgot to take my camera, so don’t have pictures of everyone’s creations. Here is a picture of my gheko, which I just need to grout and then paint. I plan on doing anther bigger one and they will go on the wall outside near our swimming pool. I must say, I have really enjoyed this mosaicing and have a few projects I would like to do for Christmas presents for people.
I still need to finish off with the grouting and painting.

After the lesson we came back to my house where we had lovely home made soup (made by Rayna), and brandy pudding with custard (made by Woolies).

The South African rugby team were playing the British and Irish Lions and Dereck was at Crusaders watching it and I joined him later on - they won, which was great!

Pet friendly signing off ...


4 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Oooh I was at that game...awesome victory! The Lions supporters were a lovely bunch though - they really got into the spirit of things & dressed up to the nines in funny outfits!! They were worse than the Blou Bulle get-ups LOL! You look very good at mosaicing to me! What a funky little creature ;-D

Libby said...

Stunning!! I'm busy mosaicing a snail at the moment, but need to hurry up and finish him.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh your gecko is just gorgeously beautiful ... now its your turn to come and do geckos for my two patio chairs .....

Donna said...

Oh wow Michelle, you are so clever, your mosaic is beautifully done and such lovely bright vibrant colours :) Donna x