Monday, 20 August 2007

The Movie Experience ...

I belong to the Edgars Club and they had a preview on Thursday evening of the movie called Äre we done yet?" It is about this guy who is married to a women with two children and they live in his one bedroom apartment and how he wants to get a house of their dreams and everything that happens. It was quite funny, but not the best that I have ever seen. Anyway Dereck didn't want to see it so Grant came with me. It was out at Gateway and when we arrived there as we turned to park, this guy in uniform indicated to me that I could park in a designated area. He lifted the chain and usshered me in! We had a good laugh at this thinking that the guy must think we were some dignatories or something. We got our tickets and then had Barccelos chicken for supper. We got 2 free boxes of popcorn and then bought a coke. After the movie I drew some money as I knew that I did not have any cash on me bar a few coins. The machine only gave out R100 notes. We went to the machine to pay our parking ticket and I said that I didn't have any coins - Grant said it should only be about R5 which I did have. We put the ticket in and it wanted R8-00. Out came all the coins and I only had R7-50 as it would not accept 20c or less. We had a problem as I was not going to put in R100-00 and get R5 coins as change!!! I ended up asking the guy next to us for 50c. Grant and I just packed up laughing - he could not believe what had just happened. The guy who gave us preferred parking ended up getting a handful of coins as his tip. Every now and then I just packed up laughing at our experience and we said that we should have phoned Dereck to tell him that we were 50c short to get out the parking, but we both decided that he would have just said "so what do you want me to do?" Anyway, we got home ok.


Short of change signing off ...

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

I am sighing a sigh of relief right now - every now and then whilst reading this story - I kept on imagining a crime scene between the lines - so glad the story turned out to be a funny and happy one - its good to know that life stills throws these funny moments at us. Love Desire

nuttylee said...

Typical, I remember its not the first time that this happened. The last time we were lucky as well that you had money in the car, LOL. Im laughing just imagining it.