Sunday, 01 March 2009

A Little bit of This and a Touch of That ...

Had a fairly eventful week-end.

Left work at 5:45pm on Friday and it was just Dereck and I at home as Grant and Lauren had gone out. Watched a movie that Dereck had been watching.

Saturday morning, I got up earliesh, washed and scrubbed the two birdbaths in the garden. The Hadedas love them and often sit in them and have a bath and of course they get really dirty. Then I washed down the windows on the side of the house where the hosepipe could reach. After that I gave Izzy (my black sausage dog) and Jemma (my brown sausage dog) a bath and cleaned their teeth - say cheese!!!!

Then I showered and went to the hairdresser for a colour touchup and a trim. Straight after that I went for my monthly pedicure but before that I managed to do some shopping at Everfresh.

During my pedicure, it started raining and got gradually harder. I waited for my nails to dry and for the rain to lighten and then drove home. What a scarey experience!! It was raining so hard that I could not see in front of me even with the wipers going full ball. The roads were soooo full of water that in some places you felt like you were driving through a river! There was a mini river going down Fields Hill and as the water hit the drains it shot upwards due to the sheer volume. It would normally take me about 15 minutes to get home from Hillcrest and this took me 40 minutes!

Once home, Dereck was watching sport on TV which was my cue to do something crafty. I carried on with my ladybug that I am mosaicing. I managed to do 3/4 of her crown. Then I had to get ready to go to the Heritage Theater to see Aaron McIlroy in "The Golfer" with friends, Darryl and Bev. If you ever get a chance to see it - make sure you do, it was hilarious.

Sunday, I got up early to let the dogs out, collected the paper and climbed back into bed to read it (this was at 6:00am mind you!!) After reading the paper, dozed off and eventualy got out of bed at about 8:30 - yikes that is soo late for me!!!! Had breakfast and while Dereck was sorting out my new laptop, I carried on with my mosaicing. At 12:30 we went to a Paul and Patricia's pub in Queensburgh for lunch, met Jennifer & Ian and her sister there. We had roast pork or chicken with veggies - very yummy, and we stayed there until about 3pm. They had a lady called Tammi playing music and singing and it was my type of music - she was really good and had a lovely voice. I could have listened to her all afternoon.

Came home and while Dereck had a snooze, I finished my ladybug. Just waiting for all the glue to set and then I will grout it tomorrow. She really looks cute and now I just have to decide where to put her.

Regarding my laptop ... I had joked to Dereck that I would like a laptop. No particular reason, just because. Anyway he had been thinking about this and decided to buy me a small Acer Apire (it is only 25cm x 16cm, so is small) with a cordless mouse that we can take with us when we go to the USA next month - yes, we leave on 2 April 2009 - I can't wait - as this will be so much lighter and less cumbersome than his current one. It also has a 3G built into it, so he has set that up as well as Skype. Nearer the time he will load his stuff on it so that he will be able to manage his business while we are away. It is so cute and looks like an A5 diary!!

Anyway, that is about everything I did this week-end. Nothing too strenuos, but got lots done.

Ladybugger signing off ....

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Mmm ... I must say, you are much more diligent than me when it comes to cleaning bird baths. Thats my DH's responsibility. I must say our birdbaths are really dirty at the moment ... Congrats with your new laptop, you are definitely going to get a lot of use out of it, especially during your month of global trotting. Can't wait to see the ladybug already to take off. Hugs from Desire

Andrea said...

I would say you got loads done, my word you were a busy bee, I felt tired just reading it lol. Lovely feeling though at the end of a weekend like that....feels like you have really achieved something, so well done you!

xxx
A

Ella Swan said...

In some ways weekends are a chore aren't they? Thre is always so much to do that one doesn't have time for in the week...I am a bit behind on my blog reading as you can see ...find some posts get "lost" in my google reader as I follow so many blogs...Please show us your laptop/notebook on your blog & let me know where you got it - I have been after one for YEARS but never know how to choose one...is it not going to be too small? The keypad must be tiny...Lucky, lucky you to be going away. You need to tell us more ;-)

Ella Swan said...

Have left you a challenge on my blog ;-)