Saturday, 12 June 2010

A bit of a winning streak

About three weeks ago I attended the KZN Masters Athletics luncheon held at what used to be called the Pinedene Lodge (sorry, I just can't remember what their new name is.)  I had a painting lesson in the morning and went straight from there, so was a bit late - everyone had already finished their starter.  It was a great day and was good to see everyone getting recognised for their athletic achievements.  Sharon Fuchs was the most improved athlete with her racewalking times.  Jeanine le Febour was going round to everyone to get them to buy raffle tickets for two raffles they had which were tog bags filled with goodies.  I took four tickets and when they announced that they were going to do the raffle and explained what it was, I looked around and saw one of the bags was grey and purple and my immediate thoughts were "well, maybe I should just go up now to collect".  They drew the first name and it was ........ Michelle Ramsay.  I could not believe it.  Here is a picture of the bag ...




On opening the bag, it was filled with all sorts of goodies ....


Then the following week-end we went to a baseball fundraising evening with wonderful live music and lots of lucky draw prizes and I won a bottle of champagne ..


So all in all a good, profitable 2 week-ends.

Winner signing off ....



1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

You need to buy those Lotto tickets on a daily basis, with your luck I will probably one of these days be able say that I am friends with a Zillionaire ... ha ha ha