Thursday, 01 October 2009

General Update

Last Thursday was a public holiday here in South Africa and I had also been given the Friday off. On Thursday, Dereck and I fetched Lesley and we went up to Summerveld to watch "Biddy" training. She is a lovely looking horse and we have been told that she is training very well. Here she is in action ...
After that we went to Dieters nursery and had a yummy brunch. After dropping off Lesley at home, we came home and I got on with some scrapping. This is a layout from Grant's graduation that I finished.

On Friday I took Grant and Lauren to the Pavilion while Dereck worked and then we fetched him and went to the Spur in Kloof for lunch.
On Saturday Shelley, Rayna and I went crafting where I finished off a plate that I painted. Just needs to get glazed and then I can take a picture to post here. We then went to Knowles to the Nibble and Natter restaurant and had lunch. Bit of a laugh as when the waiter brought Shelley and Rayna's food, he dropped them both on the floor, shattering the plates and food flying everywhere - he he!!! They eventually got another plate of food and we just sat chatting there long after we had finished eating - great company and plenty of time to just catch up.
On Sunday, Dereck and I went to Gateway and saw the movie "The Taking of Pelham 123". Was a great movie with two of my favourite actors - Denzel Washington and John Travolta. Was also nice to see the USA - getting familiar now.
Came home and carried on scrapping - finishing off another layout of when I completed a 42.2km race and received my permanent number. Still need to take a picture of it, so that will be another blog post. Then started on a single page layout which I have almost finished - just need to type out the journalling and stick down the title. Certainly been quite busy and it has been a nice feeling getting these pages done.
Happy scrapper signing off ....


6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Sjoe I am quite breathless reading about how busy your are. Biddy is a great looking horse and already looks like a champ. I can just see the food flying and you having a great big old chuckle ... Great layout and the colours and design absolutely perfect for the theme. Quite jealous hearing about your lunch at Dieters ... its such a great spot for chilling and having a bit.
Hugs
Desire

Andrea said...

Biddy certainly is looking lovely - I remember going down to Summerfield a couple of times at sunrise to photograph the horses training....such a great atmosphere.

Well done on the scrapping...layout looks great.
xxx
A

Jose said...

You have been having a busy time, all that eating out, good on you!
Biddy looks in good form, look forward in a few years to seeing here in the winner enclosure.
That scrapbook page looks grand, you have good reason to be proud of your son
Jose x

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo you have been busy! Lovely LO. Kim

Sophia said...

Great looking horse...

Ella Swan said...

You have certainly been busy again Michelle. Your filly looks lovely ;-D Lunch at Knowles is good. I join Shane there very occassionally if I have to bring my car in for repair as he works just around the corner - LOL the poor waiter - and poor you lot starving!